UPDATED 3:21 p.m. ET: It sounds like Drake might be out here diversifying his investments.
— Drake Direct (@DrakeDirect_) August 15, 2017
Images showing an advertisement for what looks like a restaurant/sports bar named Pick 6 with the OVO insignia over it have appeared in Toronto's financial district. Pick 6's location used to house the Houston Bar and Grill. There hasn't been an official announcement or confirmation from Drake or his camp that whatever that is opening will in fact be a restaurant. But, it does seem like it's a good guess.
This wouldn't be the first time Drake has been connected to the restaurant business. Back in 2015 Drake came up with the name for chef Susur Lee’s upscale comfort food eatery Fring's in Downtown Toronto. He even DJ'ed for the opening party, which was attended by high profile guests such as Serena Williams, Jaden Smith, and his mother Jada Pinkett.
Drake is also investing in the green tea company called MatchaBar. The company, which is partnering with Whole Foods for distribution, is having its ingredients sourced from a family farm in Nishio, Japan. Matcha is a type of green tea leaf that is finely ground into a powder and contains a decent-sized dose of caffeine.
Shortly after these rumors started taking off, a source close to the situation confirmed to Complex that claims of a new restaurant are simply not true.
More from Complex
- Joe Budden and DJ Akademiks Debate If Chief Keef Gets Enough Credit on ‘Everyday Struggle’
- ‘Fox & Friends’ Anchor Has a Heartless Response As Two Black Guests Weep Over Trump
- Florida Man Accidentally Fires Gun While Trying to Look Cool for Selfie, Gets 6 Years in Prison
- New Air Jordans Show Support for Black Lives Matter
- Jazz Cartier and Mike WiLL Made-It Join Forces For “Nobody’s Watching”