Metro Boomin, one of the biggest hip-hop producers in the world, has possibly just announced his retirement from rap. Having been remarkably quiet on social media the last couple of months, Metro deleted all of his Instagram posts and updated his story, writing, “Retired from rap,” from what appears to be a private jet.
It's not clear what prompted this move, but his Twitter page's most recent tweet is from late last year and his production has been sorely missed so far in 2018. He's also updated his Instagram bio to read “Retired record producer/DJ,” seemingly further confirming his claim. It should be noted that Metro is still scheduled to perform at Birkenhead, UK festival May Weekender next month, as well as The Greatest Day Ever! Music Festival & Carnival in the Bronx this July.
It's not uncommon to see rappers and producers “retire” from rap only to come back later, but right now it's looking like Metro is very much serious about it. If he's not being serious, however, it's a bit late for an April Fool's Joke.
We've reached out to Metro Boomin's reps for comment and will update if we receive a response.
More from Complex
- ‘Simpsons’ Showrunner Retweets Conservative Mag’s Support Over Apu Controversy: ‘Finally’
- Adidas and Mark Gonzales Bring Back a Popular Skate Graphic
- Livestream Coachella 2018 Featuring Beyoncé, the Weeknd, Migos, and More
- Warriors Could Aggresively Reshuffle Roster If Team Falls Short in Playoffs
- Test Pilot: The Innovation Legacy of Kobe Bryant