Nicki Minaj fans are frantically searching for the rapper, who hasn't made a single post on Twitter or Instagram this year. Nicki didn’t attend the Grammys and hasn’t been seen in public this year. In a state of distress, her worried Barbs have decided to launch website featuring a clock counting her time away plus a social media campaign to track the rapper down.
While some fans are concerned by her absence, others suspect that she’s up to something—namely her upcoming fourth studio album that's anticipated to drop sometime this year.
Last year, Nicki made plenty of noise after she delivered a handful of solid features, including verses for Migos' “Motorsport,” Yo Gotti's “Rake it Up,” and ASAP Ferg’s “Plain Jane (Remix)” to name a few.
In November, the Queens native promised that her upcoming album will be “super iconic” and expressed that she was excited to share it with her fans. “Sonically, I know what the album’s about to sound like. I know what this album is gonna mean to my fans. This album is everything in my life coming full circle and me being truly, genuinely happy,” she said at the time. “It feels almost like a celebration.”
Whether the rap queen is simply taking a social media break or getting ready to drop the hottest album of 2018, one thing is certain: The wait driving her fans crazy.
More from Complex
- Thanks to Rihanna, Socks Are Now a Valid Valentine’s Gift
- These Were the Best-Selling Sneakers of 2017
- Donald Glover on Music Legacy: ‘All You Really Want to Do Is Make Something That Stands the Test of Time’
- Lana Del Rey Talks Drones, Arena Tours With Grimes and Courtney Love
- Wind Blows Off Trump’s Combover as He Boards Air Force One