Things seemed to have been cooling down between Lil Wayne and Birdman as of late, with the two rappers being spotted together in public, but it turns out that's not exactly the case. The Cash Money moguls remain locked in an ongoing legal battle that sources close to say is becoming increasingly “hostile,” reports The Blast.
Despite having posed together for a picture that Birdman shared on his Instagram, he and Wayne might not be as buddy-buddy as they would lead us to believe. It would have appeared by Birdman's latest 'Gram where he referred to Wayne as “my son” that the two were on the road to patching things up, but now sources are revealing that things are not as they seem.
According to documents obtained by The Blast, Cash Money has been ordered to hand over specific documents relating to Nicki Minaj and Drake regarding the $51 million lawsuit that Wayne filed nearly three years ago. The lawsuit claimed that Cash Money owes Wayne millions in royalties, and more frustratingly, has continually delayed the release of Tha Carter V.
While publicly, Weezy and Birdman may appear to have squashed their beef, it seems that under the surface there still remains a lot of bitterness, and sources have revealed that even after the lawsuit is resolved, “There will be no connection, no ties, and no business relationship.”
More from Complex
- In-N-Out Sues Vlogger $25K for Posing as the Company’s CEO
- Common and Angela Bassett to Lead First Staged Reading of Ta-Nehisi Coates’ ‘Between the World and Me’
- Charlie Walk Parts Ways With Republic Records Following Sexual Misconduct Allegations
- People Tweet #IBelieveHer After Two Rugby Players Acquitted in Rape Case
- Howard University Fires 6 Employees Over Embezzlement Scheme