In a recent tweet, Stone Mound Meezy—21's manager—said the “Rockstar” chart-topper “no longer wears jewelry.” Instead, Meezy said, 21 wants to make things like buying houses and investing in businesses “cool” for young artists to do.
These tweeted goals arrive just after 21 announced a joint tour with his “Rockstar” collaborator Post Malone. The tour, kicking off April 26 in Portland, boasts support from SOB x RBE and Paris on select dates. Tickets are now available.
Since dropping Issa Album and his Offset x Metro Boomin collab Without Warning in 2017, 21 has appeared on tracks by Big Sean, Rich Brian, Casino, and more. In December, he linked up with Cardi B for “Bartier Cardi,” which eventually peaked at No. 14 on the Billboard Hot 100 earlier this year. Speaking on his successes with Rolling Stone last year, 21 recalled how he reacted when Epic Records realized they had made one hell of a mistake by not signing him sooner. “When I came into the [Epic] office [the second time] I'm like, 'Yo, you gotta pay an extra fee cause you ain't sign me in the beginning,'” he said.
Earlier this month, 21 was the inspiration behind Amber Rose's Valentine’s Day-themed Spotify playlist. The mix includes theme-appropriate tracks from Pharrell Williams, Frank Ocean, Jill Scott, Teddy Pendergrass, and more.
More from Complex
- LifeAtComplex: Off White Jordans, NMD Human Race & Taylor Bennett
- Premiere: Harlem Spartans Rapper Loski Is A “Cool Kid” (But You Already Knew That)
- Following a Feeling: How ‘Atlanta’ Got Its Authentic Sound
- Ashley Judd and Salma Hayek Discuss Their Experiences With Harvey Weinstein
- Diddy Loses Top Forbes Spot to Jay Z After 7 Years On Top