Rick Ross has reportedly returned home after being hospitalized last week, according to TMZ. The rapper was taken to a Miami area hospital after someone called 911 and reported that he was unresponsive and “slobbing at the mouth” at 3 a.m. on Thursday morning. Four days after being hospitalized, Ross returned home in the early hours on Monday morning. He is reportedly receiving further treatment from the comfort of his home.
TMZ sources previously said the rapper was dealing with respiratory issues, but later reported that the issue turned out to be heart-related. The rapper was reportedly put into the ICU and attached to an ECMO (extracorporeal membrane oxygenation), a device used for assisting with respiratory and heart functions. This news feled speculation that the rapper was on life support, a claim that a couple members of Maybach Music Group disputed. MMG associate Fat Trel shared an Instagram post Saturday saying Ross was “good.” Rockie Fresh also indicated that the TMZ report was inaccurate in a tweet.
The rapper has a history of health problems and appeared on Dr. Oz to talk about the back-to-back seizures he suffered while flying in 2011. “I went hard, you know,” he said. “It didn't seem as bad to me because the majority of the time I would be putting in work. The other time I would be partying, and the rest of the time it kind of blended. And that went on for years and years and years. I just developed those certain patterns.”
More from Complex
- NFL Prospect Taron Johnson Gets Nailed in the Head by Football During NFL Combine Drill
- Lil Wayne Is Reportedly Taking a Paternity Test to See If He’s the Father of Teen
- Lawsuit Says Chris Berman Sent Jemele Hill a ‘Threatening and Racially Disparaging’ Voicemail in 2016 (UPDATE)
- Looks Like Trump’s Lawyer Is Mad About Not Being Reimbursed for Stormy Daniels Hush Money
- Linebacker Aldon Smith Released by Raiders Amid Domestic Violence Claim