As a kid, A-Trak was a natural turntablist who became a five-time world champion by age 18. His love for DJing and knack for remixes put him in connection with Kanye West at a pivotal time in both their careers. He would go on to launch Fool’s Gold Records and enjoy tremendous success due to the global popularity of EDM, while continuing to reinvent himself.
More from Complex
- How A-Trak Went From Teenaged Battle Champ To Global Ambassador of DJ Culture | Blueprint
- Billy Bush Calls Out Trump’s Lie Over ’Grab ‘Em by the P*ssy’ Tape
- 2017: Complex UK’s Highlights From The World Of Music Journalism
- New Video Shows College Football Player Actually Knocked Out Teammate Twice
- Wood Wood and Vans New Collaboration Decorates the Old Skool with Youthful Spirit