Posing with two additional incarnations of yourself on magazine covers is officially the new wave. Tuesday, Paper unveiled their Ellen von Unwerth-shot new cover featuring Nicki Minaj. The “Minaj à Trois” cover also revives the publication's “Break the Internet” catchphrase, which magazine cover aficionados will remember from its inclusion on Kim Kardashian's own internet-smashing Paper cover back in 2014.
“We have never called an issue Break the Internet since we did it back in 2014 with Kim Kardashian,” Paper creative director Drew Elliott wrote when introducing their new cover. “It takes a certain type of talent, with an awesome fan base and the ability to put trust in PAPER to work our magic. I have always loved all of the looks that Nicki has done (and she has done them all). Her style (typically anchored by her off-the-charts hair choices) matches her musical talent perfectly. Break the Internet is all about the big idea, the word, the image. It came to me one day that 'Minaj à trois' had never been done. HOW?”
The full cover feature drops Wednesday. According to Paper, the feature includes even more internet-breaking Ellen von Unwerth shots. Until then, let's do that thing where we embed a bunch of tweets into an article and ask you to read them here instead of actually on Twitter.
The most notable response, arguably, is the trio of flame emoji Kardashian left on Minaj's Instagram post.
More from Complex
- The Album That Changed My Life
- Mia Khalifa and Gilbert Arenas Decide If Iman Shumpert and Teyana Taylor Are NBA’s Best Couple on ‘Out of Bounds’
- Terry Crews Speaks Out About Alleged Sexual Assault: ‘I Was Horrified’
- Why You Shouldn’t Be in Your Feelings Over ‘Get Out’ Being Submitted as a Comedy for Golden Globes
- Where to Buy ‘Semi Frozen Yellow’ Adidas Yeezy Boost 350 V2s