Cardi B’s single Bodak Yellow is a banger and has definitely secured a spot on the list for song of the summer contender, but this morning the Bronx rapper released a “Latin Trap” remix of the hit, and it promises to rip up the charts.
Cardi B teased the remix at the Dominican Day parade in Manhattan on Aug. 13, where she sang the song in Spanish. Cardi B’s father is Dominican, and she said she made this Latin remix “to make my dad side of the family proud.” Cardi B switches between rapping in both Spanish and English throughout the song, and she’s joined by Harlem-based Dominican rapper Messiah El Artista who also flexes his bilingual bars.
Go cop that SPANISH VERSION OF BODAK YELLOW!!I did to make my dad side of the family proud ..Let me know what you think ? pic.twitter.com/zu6QEEw58a
— iamcardib (@iamcardib) August 18, 2017
The original Bodak Yellow track has reached No. 8 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart, making it the highest-charting single by an unaccompanied female rapper since “Anaconda” by Nicki Minaj in 2014. This new remix might just help her rank even higher.
The remix is now available on all streaming platforms as well as for purchase on iTunes. Check it out below.
More from Complex
- Jaden Smith’s Presence Is a Gift in JABS’ New Video for “All Good”
- Jay Z Sits Down for First Interview Since ‘4:44’ on Rap Radar Podcast
- Man Who Suffered Eye Damage During Eclipse in 1962 Warns Others Not to Look Up
- Here’s Arguably the Worst Pitch Ever Thrown at a Red Sox Game
- Future Postpones Virginia Shows Following Violence in Charlottesville