J. Cole will be returning with his fifth studio album very, very soon.
On Monday, Cole took to social media to announce that he would be holding a surprise concert at New York City's Gramercy Theatre and that it would be a “first come, first served” kind of situation. The flyer for the show also warned that no cameras, bags, or phones would be allowed.
Following the show announcement, and also because Cole switched his Twitter profile pic, background, and Instagram avatar, many fans speculated the North Carolina rapper would be dropping some new music. It looks like those theories turned out to be true.
Following the aforementioned performance, Cole jumped back on social media to reveal that he has a new album on the way and it's titled KOD. And to make it all sweeter, we aren't going to have to wait that long to be able to hear it. The project will be out on Friday, April 20, which, of course, is International Marijuana Day, or something like that.
Cole reportedly played the album for those lucky enough to attend the NYC show. Brian “B.Dot” Miller shared the news on Twitter.
Cole's last album was 2016's 4 Your Eyez Only.
More from Complex
- NFL Is Being Sued by Former Security Representatives for Age Discrimination
- White Woman Calls Servicewomen ‘Black Lesbian B*tches’ in Restaurant Attack
- ‘Rose’ Off-White Air Max 97s Coming Soon
- J. Cole’s Album Rollout Proves He’s a New Kind of Rap Star
- Jim Jones Explains Why He Passed Up on Signing J.Cole Back in the Day