Platinum-selling artist Lil Yachty is one of the most positive and stylish rappers in the game right now, and he met up with Joe La Puma at Flight Club in Los Angeles for the latest episode of Complex's Sneaker Shopping. In the episode, Yachty talks about the sneakers he wanted growing up and how Reebok offered him his own sneaker collaboration.
Yachty admits that he didn't have a lot of sneakers growing up, and his first pair of “cool” shoes ended up being a pair of fake Air Jordan VIIs. He also talks about how he didn't want the Nike Air More Uptempos until Supreme did a collaboration on them and confesses that he was a total hypebeast for the sneakers. During the shoot, Yachty talks about wanting the Nike Mags as a teenager and says he finally bought a pair for $14,000. He goes on to talk about Big Baller Brand, compares his collection to DJ Khaled's, and talks his Sprite commercial with LeBron James. In the end, he spends over $2,100 on Air Jordans and Nike SB Dunks.
More from Complex
- Grime’s Go-To Chef King Cook Ran a Vegan Nutrition Masterclass at the EQT Creator Studio
- Lil Yachty Goes Sneaker Shopping
- Premiere: Rapper Jade Dragon Returns With Skinny Malone For New “Masterchef” Video
- A Complete Guide to Air Jordan Release Dates
- Nike Unveils Virgil Abloh’s ‘The Ten’ Collaborations