With Gilbert Arenas out for the day, superstar Steelers running back Le’Veon Bell joins #OutofBounds to talk big sports stories — and he is one of them! Just yesterday, Pittsburgh placed a franchise tag on Le’Veon that will pay him $14.5 million in 2018. While not scoffing at the paper, he wants a long-term deal and explains why it’s so important, what it’s like dealing with contract negotiation drama, and who told him he deserves a blank check in “Secure the Bag.” Staying in the NFL, the OOB team tackles owners who’ve been walking back hard-line stances on anthem protests. Are they actually respectful of their players or just covering their asses? Le’Veon shares the inside story of how the anthem drama played out with the Steelers. Next, the guys respond to Kevin Love’s essay, in which he revealed he’s been getting therapy after suffering panic attacks in games, and discuss the differences in how mental health is perceived in the NBA and the NFL. Le’Veon opens up to let fans, who often don’t see athletes as people, know what it’s really like playing pro ball. Finally, after the Clippers signed a jersey patch deal with the female-empowerment dating app Bumble, the crew reacts and decides what company would be the worst sponsor to have on your uniform.
More from Complex
- Nike’s Air Safari Is Making a Return
- Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson Thanks Doctors and Paramedics After Daughter’s Hospitalization
- Spotify Launched a Tool That Analyzes How Many Female Artists You Listen to
- Cinema Chain Bringing Back Blockbuster-Style VHS Rentals for Free
- ‘Silicon Valley’ Creator Mike Judge on T.J. Miller: ‘It’s Not Fun to Work With Someone Who Doesn’t Want to Be There