Kyle Kuzma and Lonzo Ball love roasting each other. As we wrote earlier this week, Kuzma is quickly emerging as perhaps the NBA's best social media presence, and his jabs back and forth with Ball are a big reason for it.
The two were rivals in college just a year ago—they both played at Pac-12 schools (Kuzma at Utah, Ball at UCLA)—but they've formed a close and hilarious friendship during their first year in the NBA, a friendship fueled by social media. The latest playful exchange happened at a Lakers team dinner, where Kuzma found Ball eating a dinner that consisted of…a full bowl of cheese.
“Ay yo, big dog, you hungry, bruh? Are you hungry right now?” Kuzma asks Ball. “This dude is eating plain cheese. That's it.”
At the beginning of the video, Kuzma also teases their fellow rookie Josh Hart, who had just broken a bone in his left hand.
— Bleacher Report NBA (@BR_NBA) March 1, 2018
Kuzma also roasted Hart after he posted a dramatic photo, post-injury, on Instagram. Larry Nance Jr., who was traded at the deadline to the Cavs, got in on the fun, too.
Kuzma and Nance went the opposite of the “thoughts and prayers” approach on Josh Hart’s Instagram post after he injured his hand pic.twitter.com/AtlEa9pyJA
— Cameroñ (@kneemund) February 28, 2018
Man, these rookies really seem to like each other. Regardless of whether the Lakers land LeBron James in free agency, they have the start of something good here.
More from Complex
- Lacoste Swaps Out Crocodile Logo for Endangered Animals in New Collection
- Columbia Professor Stayed Employed for Years Amid Sexual Misconduct Claims, Thanks to Outdated Policy
- Kyle Kuzma Clowns Lonzo Ball for Eating a Bowl of Cheese
- Hulu Signs Deal for Madison Square Garden Theater Naming Rights
- PROMO: Fate and Fury Collide in the Reimagining of the Classic ‘Death Wish’