Rick Ross Hangs Out With Gucci Mane in New Instagram Photos

Saturday, Gucci Mane posted several pictures with Rick Ross via Instagram—seeming to at least partially support statements from Maybach Music’s Fat Trel that Ross was doing well after a hospital stay earlier in March.

“Ross I'm glad u Good Vato!” Gucci wrote in the caption of one picture, featuring himself, Ross, and another crewmember. Ross was photographed holding double-stacked Styrofoam cups.


Rozay and the ESKIMOS #1017EskimoBoyzVol1

A post shared by Gucci Mane (@laflare1017) on Mar 10, 2018 at 5:40pm PST

Ross made headlines on March 2, after a TMZ report stated the rapper was hospitalized for a possible heart attack and was receiving a respiratory treatment. Fat Trel then confirmed Ross was in the hospital but refuted rumors of Ross being on life support. A subsequent TMZ report said Ross returned from the hospital after a four-day stay.

In 2014, Rick Ross confirmed shedding 90 pounds and adopting a healthier lifestyle after suffering two seizures.

“I woke up from that and I was like, ‘Wow. I really need to reevaluate what I’m doing,’” Ross told Sara Haines of Good Morning America.

Ross also appeared in a brief clip from Gucci Mane’s Instagram Stories feed in addition to incorporating a pic from the same photo opportunity with Gucci into his own IG feed.


Port of Miami II Coming! #MMG

A post shared by The Boss Rick Ross (@richforever) on Mar 10, 2018 at 5:38pm PST

“Port of Miami II coming! #MMG,” Ross wrote in the caption of his own Instagram picture with Gucci Mane, hinting at a sequel to 2006 album, Port of Miami.

More from Complex

Jemele Hill: ‘I Put ESPN in a Bad Spot, I’ll Never Take Back What I Said’

ESPN is expected to lift Sportscenter co-host Jemele Hill’s two-week suspension Monday, October 23. And while there has been much speculation about what went on behind the scenes and if Hill would leave the marquee sports network after her second suspension in a month for political remarks on Twitter, we haven’t heard much directly from Hill. Aside from a few re-tweets and a cameo appearance on Cari Champion’s Instagram Stories feed, Hill’s Twitter has been relegated to a few re-tweets since October 10.

“I deserved that suspension,” Hill told TMZ during an impromptu airport interview. “I violated the policy. Going forward, we’ll be in a good, healthy place. It’ll be fine. The only thing I apologize for is I put ESPN in a bad spot. I’ll never take back what I said. I put them in a bad spot, and that’s the truth of it. I regret the position I put them in. I regret the position I put a lot of the people I work with and our show in. I’ll never take back what I said.”

Hill drew her initial suspension for calling President Donald Trump a white supremacist and a bigot via Twitter on September 11. The suspension led to Trump calling for her to be fired, and Hill’s supporters essentially asking, “Where is the lie?”

Weeks later on October 8, Hill tweeted that those offended by Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones’ threat to bench players kneeling during the national anthem should boycott his advertisers. Shortly afterward, ESPN hit Hill with the two-week suspension.

The suspensions come amid conservatives claiming the network leans liberal. ESPN has struggled with handling the perception, notably removing play-by-play announcer Robert Lee from a Virginia vs. William & Mary game in August because he shares the same name as the infamously defeated Civil War General.

Read the full story, which also includes Hill's thoughts on athlete activism, at TMZ.

More from Complex

Meek Mill Reveals He Listens to Drake’s “Back to Back” for ‘Motivation’


#PressPlay: #MeekMill feeling #BackToBack a lot more now that he's single 👀

A post shared by The Shade Room (@theshaderoom) on May 27, 2017 at 9:05am PDT

A diss track that found Meek Mill as the subject of dozens of internet memes during a 20-week stint on the Billboard Hot 100 chart has re-emerged almost two years after its initial release. Meek Mill posted a video of himself listening to Drake’s 2015 single “Back to Back” on his Instagram Stories feed. 

“Back to Back” initially punctuated a feud between former collaborators Drake and Meek, after the latter leveled ghostwriting claims against Drake. In Meek’s IG post, he appeared to be using the song for completely different reasons.

“I play this for motivation,” Meek’s on-screen quote read. “Back to back Aventadors.” 

His appreciation for the six-figure Lamborghini notwithstanding, this isn’t the first time Meek has been spotted singing along to a Drake song after their feud

And since there are some of the opinion that Drake may never stop targeting Meek, referencing a diss track on Instagram—a platform that lends itself to endless memes—was an interesting choice on Meek’s part to say the least. 

In August of 2015, Billboard reported “Back to Back” sold 122,000 digital units while also enjoying 4.5 million weekly digital streams. It would appear Meek is responsible for at least one more of those streams or downloads.

Maybe Meek will shed some light on exactly what his “motivation” is in a forthcoming post. It wouldn’t be the first time Meek Mill’s IG behavior left fans confused, given that Meek completely deleted his Instagram profile in January. 

More from Complex

Migos’ Offset Blasts XXXTentacion for Claiming Drake Stole His Flow



A post shared by OFFSET (@offsetyrn) on Mar 7, 2017 at 8:52pm PST

As XXXTentacion continues to take jabs at Drake, Migos member Offset is making it clear where his loyalties lie. Offset took to his Instagram feed to weigh in on the matter, and he didn’t hold back when offering commentary on the Broward County, Florida native who has targeted Drake.

“You niggas is silly,” Offset said. “How you unheard of talking about a nigga stole your swag? We ain’t even heard of you, shorty. Get your ass out of jail.”

The comments were made via Offset's Instagram “Stories” feed, and have since self-deleted. For those who missed the statements, DJ Akademiks captured them and offered some additional commentary. Offset's retort came after XXXTentacion recently called out Drake for using other rappers’ cadences in a social media post of his own.


#offset defends #drake and blasts #xxxtentacion for asssuming #drake took his flow

A post shared by DJ Akademiks (@akadmiks) on Apr 2, 2017 at 10:26am PDT

“If he can do a whole fuckin’ album or at least two to three fuckin’ songs that does not sound like anybody else’s cadence, or does not have a sample, or just sounds like him originally, he’ll get my kudos,” XXXTentacion said. “I’ll run around the street butt-ass naked. I’ll tattoo Drake’s name on my ass cheeks. If he can be original for even two seconds or out-rap me for two seconds…or if he can go onstage, and sing any of his songs a capella with no Auto-tune, then just maybe I’ll shut the fuck up.”

Drake has already commercially and critically thrived despite well-publicized spats with Kendrick Lamar, Common, Meek Mill, and Tory Lanez, so things could get interesting if he decides to respond to XXXTentacion.

If the issue of a Migos member’s involvement in a spat over someone’s cadence sounds familiar, it’s no coincidence. Back in August of 2015, Takeoff and Quavo called out Drake for using a cadence they helped popularize on “Versace.”

“C'mon, Drizzy know he bit the flow!” Quavo told John Kennedy in an interview for Billboard. “Drizzy got on “Versace,” right? Then when I came on there I did ‘Versace/ Versace/Medusa head on me like I’m illuminati.’ My boy Drizzy Drake got them bars from me. We together though. We ain’t trippin’ on boss.”

For those keeping score, 2 Chainz and Gangsta Boo respectively called out Migos for failing to properly credit Memphis rapper Kingpin Skinny Pimp and Three 6 Mafia member Lord Infamous for the cadence used in “Versace.” Boo made her case via Twitter, while 2 Chainz brought up the matter on 2014’s “Trap Back”

As Akademiks pointed out in his commentary, history is repeating itself with an up and coming artist calling out an established rapper for co-opting a popular flow.

More from Complex

Zedd Talks Benefit Concert & New Music In Radio Interview

Zedd’s ACLU benefit concert, #WELCOME, went on sale this morning. To help promote the cause and talk a little about what’s going on and why he felt he needed to do something like this in the first place, he stopped by 102.7 KIIS FM and spoke with host JoJo.

The 10-minute conversation had a strange course, beginning by talking about Zedd’s obsession with juicing and his “tastefully inappropriate” videos when he asks his trainer to “shake his bottle.” It’s become something of a recurring theme on Instagram Stories and Snapchat, and JoJo is absolutely thrilled about it. That took up the first approximately 4 minutes of the conversation.

From there, the conversation moves to Zedd’s new collaboration with Alessia Cara entitled “Stay,” coming out on the 24th. Zedd plays about 15 seconds of the track over his laptop speakers into the studio mic, and quickly cuts it off before we get any real idea what it’s about. The conversation gets to albums, and Zedd mentions that there might be another Zedd album, there might not be – but his current focus is writing as much music and putting it out as fast as he can.

He also talks about being a celebrity in the world, including an uncomfortable situation in a customs line.

The conversation ends talking about the ACLU benefit concert, #WELCOME, happening April 3 at STAPLES Center in Los Angeles, with Skrillex, Bebe Rexha, Macklemore, Incubus, Imagine Dragons and more.

This article was first published on Your EDM.
Source: Zedd Talks Benefit Concert & New Music In Radio Interview

Snapchat Growth Down 82% Facing Fierce Competition From Instagram & Facebook

Snapchat is facing challenges as it files officially for an initial public offering, according to new statistics released today. The stats show that Snapchat’s growth has slowed to sloth-like proportions, dropping 82% over the year.

2016 began as a great year for Snapchat, showing 14% and 17.2% growth rate in Q1 and Q2, respectively. However, with the introduction of Instagram Stories, essentially a clone of Snapchat that operated within the already-existing Instagram app, that growth rate slowed; between Q3 and Q4, Snapchat only gained 5 million daily users, a growth of merely 3.2%.

As TechCrunch points out, it’s impossible to determine if this slow in growth is a direct cause of Instagram Stories, but the correlation is strong. Instagram Stories already has more daily active users that Snapchat after only launching last August – and with added support from advertisers and parent company Facebook, it has a more robust base, as well.

Snapchat still holds the reigns on the younger generation of users, allegedly, that are able to grow with the company and its advertisers within the discovery feature. But Instagram chief financial officer David Wehner claims that just as many millennials are on Instagram, and they’re getting even better at targeting them.

“Instagram is obviously another great place to reach Millennials, and we continue to build our products to serve a wide variety of audiences, including Millennials as well.”

Snap, Inc. officially filed for IPO today, hoping to raise $3 billion. The IPO would reportedly value the company above $20 billion.

However, the filing wasn’t exactly hopeful in its rhetoric. Multiple references to slow growth and dismal numbers regarding daily active users aren’t instilling a lot of trust in possible shareholders, suggesting that it could be an uphill battle.


via Verge, TechCrunch, QZ

This article was first published on Your EDM.
Source: Snapchat Growth Down 82% Facing Fierce Competition From Instagram & Facebook