The “Pigeon” Nike SB Dunk came back last week in the form of a black version, but the sneaker itself almost didn't happen. In a recent interview on Sole Collector's Full Size Run show, he explains that he was afraid to put the bird on another pair of Dunks.
“When we started the conversation two years ago about doing round two, there was discussion, in my head mostly, like, 'Maybe I don't want to touch that. Maybe that's the Holy Grail,” Staple says. “I touched it in 2005, and I'm not supposed to ever touch it again.”
Staple goes on to say, “Then I was like, 'Fuck it [laughs].'”
Watch the rest of the episode above to find out how the collaboration took place and Staple's thoughts on Nike's current struggles as well as Hiroshi Fujiwara revealing that he may have another Nike “The 10” collaboration on the way.
More from Complex
- Jeff Staple Says He Almost Didn’t Want to Bring Back the Pigeon Dunk
- Watch Iman Shumpert Absolutely Snap Over “Grammy Family” Beat
- Premiere: Kid Bookie Shares Punchy Visuals For “Hey”
- Jay Z Addresses NFL Protests: ‘It’s Not About the Flag, It’s About Justice’
- Richy Ahmed, CamelPhat, Eli & Fur And More Confirmed For ANTS NYE Party At Electric Brixton