In mid-November, the 22-year-old “Congratulations” artist suggested his sophomore album would finally arrive this week. This was good news for fans, as the project was initially expected to drop back in June.
“I'm gonna finish it this week,” he told the H3 Podcast weeks ago. “It will be out in December. December 1 at midnight.”
It’s now Dec. 2, and Beerbongs & Bentleys is nowhere to be found.
Malone apologized for the delay on social media, claiming he was still working his ass off to “make the best fucking album ever.”
Stay tuned for updates on the project’s release.
Malone has received a lot of heat in recent weeks, primarily for his controversial comments on hip-hop. The rapper recently told Poland’s Newonce that audiences should stay away from genre if they’re looking for something meaningful. He attempted to clarify his comments following the backlash; however, some people weren't willing to let it slide.
“Post Malone, I'm done giving you passes bro,” Hot 97's Peter Rosenberg said this week. “You got a pass for braids, which is not common. You got a pass for the n-word thing that happened on Snapchat… So, either leave hip-hop and go make music in another genre, or start showing respect for hip-hop.”
More from Complex
- 2 Chainz Helped Michael Jordan Debunk a Hilarious Chamillionaire Rumor
- Dame Dash on Allegedly Slapping Harvey Weinstein: ‘Somebody Definitely Got Smacked’
- The Brooklyn Nets Gave Jay Z a Crazy Birthday Cake
- Saoirse Ronan and the Women of ‘SNL’ Address Sexual Predators in “Welcome to Hell”
- Saoirse Ronan Tries to Get People to Pronounce Her Name Correctly in ‘SNL’ Monologue