2017 was a banner year for hip-hop. Fans got projects from their favorite legends (Jay Z, Eminem, Snoop Dogg, Big Boi, Gucci Mane) and new legends (Kendrick Lamar, Drake, Lil B, Vince Staples, Rapsody), as well as got introduced to a slew of upcoming artists that are looking to make an impact in 2018. Yet, even with such an abundance of music to choose from, we’re still waiting on albums by the likes of Pusha T, Earl Sweatshirt, Travis Scott, The Internet, and much more.
In regards to Earl, he has promised new music in 2018, which is good news for people who have been anticipating a follow-up to his 2015 output, I Don’t Like Shit, I Don’t Go Outside. Travis Scott and Quavo gave us an early Christmas present with Huncho Jack, Jack Huncho, but Scott’s AstroWorld and a Quavo solo project will likely be the most-talked about albums of the New Year. Finally, after months of singles and killer verses over some popular songs, Nicki Minaj is poised to remind everyone why she’s one of the greatest MCs and a pop force with her new album.
Certainly there’s plenty of more albums we’re anticipating, but here’s a list of albums that we need right now.
More from Complex
- Mariah Carey Returns to ‘New Year’s Rockin’ Eve’ Despite Absence of Hot Tea
- Here’s a List Albums We’re Still Waiting On in 2018
- Louisiana Police Arrest 67-Year-Old White Man for Role in ‘Nigerian Prince’ Scheme
- Kim Jong Un Uses New Year Address to Warn of Nuclear Button on His Desk
- Skillz Is Back With the “2017 Rap Up”