Ten years after its founding, Fool's Gold Records is stronger than ever. With a roster that balances household names like Danny Brown with new talent like Leaf and G-Worthy, what started as a label has grown into something much more.
That much became clear when founder and legendary DJ A-Trak took over the P&P stage at ComplexCon. A parade of new voices graced the stage, and Jinx caught up with A-Trak backstage after the performance. Watch A-Trak's ComplexCon interview above to learn what it takes to run a successful label, where he earned his reputation as a DJ, and how festival culture changed everything. Catch up on the rest of our ComplexCon coverage below:
More from Complex
- Eminem Details Dr. Dre and Rick Rubin’s Involvement in Upcoming Album ‘Revival’
- “Complex Live”: DeRay Davis Breaks Down “How to Act Black” and Jason Mitchell on Starring in “Mudbound”
- Science Teacher Arrested for Having Sex With High School Student
- A-Trak: The ComplexCon Interview
- Meek Mill Granted Bail Hearing in Prison Sentence Appeal Case