Immediately after Taylor Swift shared the cover art and release date for her new album Reputation, the apparently inevitable Kanye West theories started piling up. Some argued that Swift's questionable font choice owed something to West's The Life of Pablo designs, while others suggested Swift was intentionally wearing a Yeezy-esque top in the cover photo.
Also, Reputation is set to drop Nov. 10, a date that will mark the 10th anniversary of the death of Donda West—Kanye's mother. While the sheer preposterousness of imagining anyone (regardless of how you feel about Swift) actually stooping to this level intentionally should have been enough to squash this rumor before it even began, many started running with exactly that narrative.
Thankfully, we can now confirm that those rumors touch on approximately zero truths. “It is standard practice that releases come out on Fridays and we locked in this release date based on other Universal Music Group releases,” a source close to the situation told Complex Friday. “There is no correlation.”
More from Complex
- Solange Is Directing the Next Music Video From SZA’s ‘Ctrl’
- Kendrick Lamar Appears to Confirm Nike Partnership
- Will Miley Cyrus Host a Puppet Orgy During Sunday’s VMAs?
- The Wildest Conspiracy Theories About the Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor Fight
- Why Las Vegas Isn’t Buzzing For Mayweather-McGregor