Just when we thought we were out, Mase has pulled us right back in.
The surprising and latest chapter in the decade-plus beef between former high school basketball teammates Mase and Cam'ron began late last week with Mase's out-of-nowhere diss song “The Oracle.” Cam fired back, and then they made up on Instagram, and it was over.
Or so we thought.
Following the peace overture, Mase jumped on Funk Flex's Instagram to, um, flex about how he won the battle.
“We’re not cool,” Mase wrote. “I shook his hand cause I won. That’s it. As a man that’s what you do after you win unanimously.”
Mase's take seems to match that of most observers. “The Oracle” was overwhelmingly well-received, while Cam's response “Dinner Time” wasn't nearly as loved, with listeners critiquing everything from the rhymes to the sound quality.
In addition to songs, the stars traded shots on social media, culminating in Cam'ron telling Mase to “go back home to Florida.”
It remains to be seen if the epically long battle (remember, Cam's Mase-bashing “Take 'Em to Church” came out in 2004) between the former Children of the Corn groupmates will continue after Mase's declaration of victory.
On Monday, Mase called into Hot 97 and reiterated his stance about not being cool with Cam. “It's just like Drake said, 'Free Meek Mill,' you think he means that?” he says around the 6:20 mark in the video below.
More from Complex
- Welsh Teenager Accused of Plotting Justin Bieber Concert Terror Attack Found Guilty
- Cowboys Fans Aren’t Going to Be Happy to Hear Who LeBron James’ Favorite NFL Player Is
- Bitcoin Is Somehow More Valuable Than McDonald’s or Disney
- Jay Z On National Anthem Protests: ‘It’s All About Injustice’
- ‘Pokémon Go’ Car Accidents May Have Caused Billions in Damage in U.S. Alone