At ComplexCon 2017, “Hawaii” Mike Salman (co-founder, Chef for Higher) sat down with chefs Andrea Drummer (co-owner, Elevation VIP) and Chris Sayegh (founder, The Herbal Chef) to break down what it's like working in the cannabis-infused fine dining industry.
Drummer opens up about her path, which surprisingly started after she spent time as an anti-drug counselor. A move to Los Angeles and an open mind soon changed her outlook on edibles. “As I started to learn more and understand the propaganda, and that I was a part of it, I think that was a major part of my journey,” she says.
They also discuss what goes into planning a full course dinner, share some of their favorite dishes to make, and how the legalization of marijuana in California will affect their business.
More from Complex
- 13 Videos Every Earl Sweatshirt Fan Should Watch
- YG Reps His Set in the New Video for “Suu Whoop”
- Dear Sneakerheads, Leave Dad Shoes to Dads
- The Cavaliers Have Almost No Chance of Winning the NBA Title, According to This ESPN Stat
- The Inside Story of adidas and Hender Scheme’s Collaboration for S/S 18