YoungBoy Never Broke Again has become one of hip-hop’s most prominent rising stars. At the age of 18, the Baton Rouge rapper has already reached various career milestones, including the release of several successful mixtapes, as well as collaborating with acts like Lil Yachty, PnB Rock, and A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie. YoungBoy is also expected to release his debut studio album Until Death Call My Name next week, which could very well catapult him into a whole new level of prestige.
Though these wins and accomplishments are pretty impressive, they’ve all been tainted by YoungBoy’s criminal history.
The rapper, who was recently charged with alleged assault and kidnapping, is facing a heap of legal issues that date all the way back to 2016. It was at that time YoungBoy was arrested in Austin for his alleged involvement in a drive-by shooting. A judge suspended his 10-year prison sentence in the latter case and handed the artist a three-year probation; however, Youngboy's future is still unclear, as he remains behind bars on suspicion of attacking his girlfriend Jania Jackson.
It's been a turbulent ride for the “No Smoke” artist so far, and only time will tell if he'll be able to turn his controversial image around.
You can check out a timeline of Youngboy's legal issues above.
More from Complex
- Tee Grizzley Announces Sophomore Album and Drops “Don’t Even Trip” Video f/ Moneybagg Yo
- Miami Dolphins to Have Marjory Stoneman Douglas Football Team Announce Picks at NFL Draft
- Lena Waithe on Aziz Ansari Sexual Misconduct Allegations: ‘I Can’t Just Turn My Back’
- Inside YoungBoy Never Broke Again’s Legal Situation
- Man Who Intentionally Infected Five Men With HIV Sentenced to Life in Prison