As we learn more about the group of artists first classified as “SoundCloud rappers,” the title feels increasingly inadequate. Smokepurpp is the latest South Florida phenom to break big, recently signing with Alamo Records and landing features from Chief Keef, Travis Scott, and D.R.A.M. for his Deadstar release.
Now that he's fully in the public eye, we wanted to see what Smokepurpp was thinking about during his rise—so we took a trip in Twitter's time machine and asked the Miami rapper what was going through his head when he forgot what a chicken was.
Watch the latest episode of Trending Topics above, and listen to Deadstar below.
Catch Smokepurpp live on the Pigeons & Planes stage at ComplexCon, which goes down November 4 and 5 in Long Beach, California. Tickets are on sale now.
More from Complex
- The Best Style Releases to Know About: Yeezy, AWGE x Selfridges, and More
- DeMarre Carroll Straight Posterized a Naval Cadet During Game of 1-on-1
- Wanda Sykes Reveals Larry David Tricked Her Into Auditioning for ‘Curb Your Enthusiasm’
- Yo Gotti Associate Arrested in Connection to Young Dolph Shooting Released
- DC’s Cinematic Universe Will Change in a Big Way After ‘Justice League’