It may still be winter, but it looks like it's time for a Swaecation.
Swae Lee is breaking out from his brotherly duo Rae Sremmurd momentarily to give fans his first solo project. On Twitter the 24-year-old rapper/singer announced that 2018 will be the year of Swae Lee with Swaecation Vol. 1, alongside Rae Sremmurd’s highly-anticipated next album SremmLife 3.When a fan asked how soon we could expect a project full of melodic hooks and R&B flavors, Swae responded “definitely in like less than a month confirmed.”
This new project, however, does not signal steps toward the end of one of the most successful sibling duos of all time. On the contrary, it looks like they're just getting started. SremmLife 3 is on the way, and in a new documentary about the group, Mike WiLL Made-It said “Sremm, they're ready to be in movies, they're ready to be in commercials, they're ready to be models.”
There's no word yet on what collabs, if any, will be on Swae's upcoming project or what kind of sounds we can expect, but we'll take this little piece of advice from the artist himself and stay optimistic that good things are coming our way.
More from Complex
- Journalist Jamilah King Recounted a Wild Story About Meeting Gianni Versace’s Killer
- Kim Kardashian On Surrogacy: ‘Anyone Who Says It’s the Easy Way Out Is Completely Wrong’
- Kamaiyah Teases New Track With Schoolboy Q and It Sounds Like a Heater
- Soulja Boy Is Being Sued for Using Footage of Chauffeur in a Music Video Without Permission
- Why the New Trailer for ‘Heathers’ Remake Is Facing Backlash