Her legs were made for walking, and that’s just what the humanoid robot Sophia plans on doing. The Hanson Robotics invention named Sophia, which (or is it “who”?) debuted in 2016, now has legs created by robotics company DRC-HUBO. According to CNET, Sophia can now walk at 0.6 miles per hour, compared to the human average of 3.1 miles per hour.
Before being able to walk, Sophia found many other ways to integrate herself into our human world. The robot has appeared on several talk shows and was featured on the cover of Elle Brazil last year. Though we can still outrun Sophia, the robot has a Twitter, which our POTUS has proven time and time again is way more powerful than being able to walk quickly. She also dressed up as a Jedi for the latest Star Wars film, which is fascinating considering her creators still can't seem to find her a wig.
More from Complex
- Residents Tried to Kill a Spider and Almost Burned Their Apartment Building Down in the Process
- Jay Z Gives Kids the Spotlight in New “Footnotes” Video
- ‘The Boondocks’ Predicted ‘#Oprah2020’ Over 10 Years Ago
- Roger Goodell Unconcerned With NFL’s Declining TV Ratings
- Steven Spielberg’s ‘Halo’ Series Is Apparently Still ‘In Very Active Development’