Playboi Carti had a lot of wins in 2017. Since releasing his self-titled debut mixtape in April, the Atlanta rapper has hopped on records by ASAP Mob, Lana Del Rey, Lil Uzi Vert, and more. He’s also kicked off a U.S. tour, starred in Adidas “Faces of Crazy” campaign, and appeared in Forbes’ annual 30 Under 30 list.
So what’s next for the 22-year-old “Magnolia” artist? Well, from the looks of it, he’s in the studio working on his long-awaited debut album.
Newly surfaced video shows Carti behind a mixing board, presumably listening to new material. The footage is captioned “Album Mode.” Check it out below.
Carti is also expected to drop a collaborative project with fellow SoundCloud rapper Uzi Vert. Several months after the tape was teased, one of its reported tracks surfaced online. The cut, which appears to be titled “Squad,” suggests the joint project is right around the corner.
More from Complex
- Donald Trump Is Now Campaigning for Alleged Pedophile Roy Moore
- DJ Mustard Detained by Police at LAX on Suspicion of Having Gun
- Fans Have Already Started to Lineup for ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’
- LeBron James Dusts Off the Nike LeBron Soldier 3
- Nas Says Nicki Minaj is “the Queen of New York” in Birthday Post