LeBron James wants people to mind their own business.
Earlier this week, the Cleveland Cavaliers star ignited speculation and intrigue after he was filmed muttering some words to Los Angeles Lakers rookie Lonzo Ball. The two had a brief post-game conversation with their mouths covered, presumably to stymie any potential lip-reading, however LeBron may have underestimated audio technology capabilities, because his message was captured by a mic and later revealed to the world.
Here’s what he told Ball:
“Find your zone and just stay fucking locked in. The media is going to ask you what I told you right now. Tell them nothing. Just be aggressive every single day. It's white noise to you. That's all it is. All right? Let's go.”
Just a day after his message was revealed, LeBron spoke to reporters about changes to the NBA All-Star Game format and whether the team captains should make their picks in private or on TV. LeBron took this opportunity to address the leaked conversation:
“Some things could be held private, like my conversation with Lonzo,” James said Saturday. “Everything doesn’t need to be said and people find out. There should be some type of privacy. So I’m OK with it.”
LeBron is understandably upset. No one likes it when their business is made public against his/her wishes. We’re sure LeBron will think twice before he has another “private” conversation in front of cameras, recorders, and hundreds of spectators.
More from Complex
- Will Smith and DJ Jazzy Jeff Have Been Working on Music for the ‘Last Six-to-Eight Months’
- Here Are the First Week Sales Projections for Eminem, N*E*R*D, and G-Eazy
- Nicki Minaj’s Deleted ‘Great Time to be a White Rapper’ Instagram Post Sparks Controversy
- Kyrie Irving Wears Two New Kyrie 4 Colorways Against Memphis
- Kevin Hart Cracks Jokes About Being a New Parent in ‘SNL’ Monologue