A photo of Ball's manager/trainer Darren Moore wearing a T-shirt with a Photoshopped version of Nas' 1996 album It Was Written with Ball's face on the cover rather than Nas' face has surfaced. Lonzo posted the picture, which includes fellow Lakers star Brandon Ingram and others, to Instagram on Wednesday night with the caption “H8FUL 8️⃣ .”
Nas and Lonzo haven't been on the best of terms since the 19-year-old made some disparaging comments about the legendary Queens MC. It all started when the season premiere of Ball in the Family aired. In it, Ball said, “Y’all outdated, man. Don’t nobody listen to Nas anymore…Real hip-hop is Migos, Future.”
The comment, understandably, didn't sit well with many rap fans.
Shortly after Lonzo made the comments about Nas not being relevant anymore, Nas' manager fired back on Twitter, saying that Nas has no idea who Lonzo even is.
But who knows? If Lonzo—who has been dropping rap songs left and right lately—keeps this up, the “beef” between him and Nas might end up spilling over onto some tracks. At this point, would you even be surprised?
More from Complex
- Joe Budden Fires Back at Chance the Rapper on ‘Everyday Struggle’
- James Van Der Beek Shares His Own Experiences of Being Sexually Harassed by ‘Older, Powerful Men’
- Is Lonzo Ball’s Trainer Trolling Nas With This Photoshopped T-Shirt?
- Watch the Official Trailer for Netflix’s ‘She’s Gotta Have It’
- Watch Gary Vaynerchuk Take on the Hot Ones Challenge