At ComplexCon 2017, Union LA's Chris Gibbs hosted Hype East, a panel featuring Takashi Murakami, Don C. (founder, Just Don), Hiroshi Fujiwara, and Yoon Ahn (founder, Ambush), who dissected the influence Japanese streetwear has had on America.
“For me, when I look at it, it's always going around in a circle,” Ahn says. “We consume it and we make it better, and then the people who gave birth to it, they kind of appreciate it again.”
Takashi also explains how Star Wars and George Lucas have had a major impact on him, and Don C. praises Hiroshi Fujiwara for being an architect for today's scene. “Everybody up in here is here… maybe a few degrees of separation, but somehow because of you,” he says.
Watch the full conversation above, and keep it locked to Complex as we'll be sharing more ComplexCon(versations) panels featuring the likes of André 3000, Rick Ross, Lena Waithe, Ryan Coogler, Virgil Abloh, Cam'ron, and more.
More from Complex
- Chris Rock to Drop Netflix Special ‘Tamborine’ on Valentine’s Day
- ‘The Room’ Creator Tommy Wiseau Wants to Play the Joker
- Ak & Star Respond to Chris Brown, Do You Feel Sorry For Birdman? Jhene Courtside | Everyday Struggle
- Don C. and Hiroshi Fujiwara on the Influence Japanese Streetwear Has Had on America | ComplexCon(versations)
- The Best Comedies On Netflix