Austrian duo LEYYA (Sophie Lindinger and Marco Kleebauer) make creative modern pop music, drawing on far-ranging influences. Last year they released their debut, Spanish Disco, on the whole a moody record filled with spacious electronic production and ghostly vocals. Since then, they've toured heavily in Europe, and their track “Superego” has broken two million of streams on on Spotify. Today, they're back with new music.
“Zoo” starts off with a flourish of sitar and gentle vocals, but when that hook comes in it's all systems go, with brass and bouncy percussion. “The Idea for ‘Zoo’ came while watching a sitar lesson on the internet,” LEYYA explains. “It set a certain mood we wanted to transfer to our song, as well, so it’s quite meditative, but combined with our way of songwriting.”
Listen to “Zoo” above, and get ready to have this one in prime summer rotation. Check out their 2016 album Spanish Disco below and keep up with LEYYA on Twitter here.
More from Complex
- Music Recommendations Based on Artists You Already Like
- Austrian Duo LEYYA Has an Indie Summer Hit on Their Hands With “Zoo”
- Dennis Rodman Thinks This Is Holding Back LeBron James From Reaching MJ’s Level
- This Picture May Have Just Revealed Blac Chyna and Rob Kardashian Are Done for Good
- LeBron and the Cavs Flipped the Switch Against the Celtics